NEED TO GET A HOLD OF US?

We can respond quickest to an email message: WHITTIER.COOP@GMAIL.COM

Or give us a call/text at 562.254.2811







Monday, October 20, 2008

Learning the Art of Handmade

In our quest to become more self-sufficient, to be able to make the things we need instead of buying them, I have begun sewing. I've always had a sewing machine, and remember watching my mom sew when I was a kid, but I can probably count on two hands the number of things I've actually made on my sewing machine over the last 10 years.

I've been working hard lately, and really putting effort into developing some sort of a skill with my hands. These items have taken many hours of trying to figure out just what the heck I'm doing. I hope to actually post some stuff up for sale at some point, but until then, I just wanted to share my handiwork's!! It feels SO good to be able to create with your hands, its very rewarding and invigorating.

Quilted, patchwork pillow that matches nothing in my house.




Bird Mobile I made for a friend at work who is having her first baby.

No comments: