In this process the grain enters a high speed rotor and is instantly shattered into fine flour - even the bran and germ are burst! Air goes through the rotor with the grain and blows the flour out, thus keeping it cool throughout the process, retaining many nutrients. With the Unifine Process the natural oils in the grain are kept intact and do not get hot like in regular grain milling and stoneground milling.
We have both Unifine Kamut and Spelt flours. What is Kamut? What is Spelt, you might ask?
Kamut: Believed to be an ancient relative of Wheat, Kamut is a high protein grain, generally containing 30% more protein than wheat. Its amino acid ratio is about the same as wheat so if you should happen to be eating nothing but Kamut, you may wish to add some peanut butter, legumes or some other food high in lysine to give you a little better amino acid blend. It takes a while to cook, but has a wonderful buttery flavor and chewy texture. One of the interesting things about this strain of wheat is that many with wheat allergies do not seem to be bothered by this grain (those with Celiac disease should, however avoid Kamut).
- Since we also have the whole Kamut grain available, here are Cooking Instructions: 1 cup Kamut to 3 cups of water, cover and simmer on low heat.
Spelt: Another type of wheat that has been around for thousands of years. Also tolerated by wheat sensitive individuals. It can be easily substituted for wheat in many recipes. Has 30% more protein that wheat, and contains considerable B vitamins, magnesium, and fiber.
We have BioKleen Laundry Liquid available as a bulk purchase. Here's a little about it:
Biokleen Laundry Liquid is Phosphate & chlorine free! Laundry Liquid from Biokleen gets fabrics cleaner, brighter, even in cold or hard water (like we have here in Whittier). Very concentrated, a little goes a long way. Great for hand-washables and delicates, and can be used to pre-treat stains before washing. Naturally safe and controls musty mildew odors on towels, and clothes left longer in the washer. Rinses clean leaving no skin-irritating residue. Great for people with sensitive skin or allergies. Biodegrades rapidly without harm to the environment. No animal testing.....No animal ingredients.
- Directions for Use:Add soap, start water, add laundry. Always wash whites and colors separately and follow manufacturer's instructions.
- Top-Load Washers: Use 2 Tbs. (1 oz.) per full load.
- Gentle & Delicate Cycles: Use 1 Tbs. (1/2 oz.) per full load.
- Hand Washables: Use 1 or 2 tsp. in sink with cold water.
- Stains: Pre-treat stains by applying directly to stain, gently rub in and launder as directed.
- Ingredients: Surfactants & water conditioners from coconut, linear ethoxilate from coconut, grapefruit seed and pulp extract, orange peel extract, antiredeposit agents from corn, filtered spring water.